Sunday, February 28, 2010

Olympic Hangover and Memory Musings

Well, the Winter Olympics are over.  It was nice to be recuperating at home during this time; it was a nice distraction.  Although I'm feeling better I was disappoint at how much I did NOT get accomplished during the convalescence.  I didn't anticipate how tired I would be, so most of the things in my bucket list are still in my bucket list.  I've been looking back at all the wonderful things I've been part of in recent years and decided to just randomly post some of those memories. 
I tried to put captions under each picture but after 30 minutes of frustration, I've given up.  You'll have to refer back to the pictures from these comments.
1.  Kissing cousins Drew and Anna at Marissa's wedding in Phoenix
2.  KD holding forth about something.  I love this picture
3.  Cierra acting WAY too grown up
4.  Drew asserting himself
5.  First look at Eli
6.  On the canals in Venice.  I sang at the top of my lungs
7.  Viv in Copenhagen in a rainstorm
8.  The Archepelego (sp?) sailing into Stockholm.  24,000 islands, each a picture postcard.  Beautiful
9.  Chuck's gift presentation to Dave - Caribbean Cruise
10. Kristin swimming with the stingrays
11. Karen with her turkey towel in the room on ship
12. Caribbean memories
13. First look at Caden
14. Beginning of hike up Timpanogos with moose on trail
15. End of hike up Timpanogos with Viv in sled
16. Reunion gig with Nobody's Children in Gallup
17. First look at Carter Bruce
18. First look at Mikira
19. Christmas in Dominican Republic. Nice and warm
20. Family reunion talent (?) show
21. Singing in Mormon Tabernacle Choir
22. Chuck's graduation
23. Family picture at Grandpa Brown's funeral
24. Tyler in the hospital.  In memory of all the RSV hospital patients this year.

8 comments:

  1. Fun to re-look at things. However, number 5 is First Look at ISAAC, not Eli. Isaac was born April 6, 2005 as noted in your time-stamp, and it looks like Isaac. I laughed out loud remembering the cruise, and moaned thinking of Mom on Timp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picture posts, thanks for the memories. I think I need to offer a correction too: 10 is Erick swimming with the stingrays. I must say I'm glad I finally got to see Mom coming off the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah, that is definitely NOT Kristin. I never saw her swimming topless, and her hair is much prettier.
    Fun to see the pictures. I hadn't seen most of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved looking at the pictures. I think I will go and watch the DVD Dave made for us. Although I know there is one picture in that video you DIDN'T post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you posting again--I never can get captions under the pictures either. Poor Vivienne-we must relegate that picture to the trash can. I am going to find a picture of her climbing that huge mountain so that we can all remember that she did make it to the top of her own accord, I will vouch for it, I saw it firsthand.

    Darn it--here is the picture, it just won't let me post it
    /Users/Colleen/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2006/Roll 86/Mount Timpanagos 046.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for trying Colleen. I only climb mountains in my dreams, now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, we've all aged a bit. Not you though Bubba, I'm mostly talking about Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all these pictures! It's fun to know your family well enough that I know what most of the pictures are about without the captions.
    I've been meaning to tell you and Vivienne thank you for the yummy lasagna last week. It was delicious! Heather said I could take a piece home for John since he had a long day at school. He appreciated it so much! It was also fun to chat with Kristen and let James and Tyler meet.
    Keep posting. It's great to see what the Sullivan gang is up to!

    ReplyDelete