Friday, April 9, 2010

A Work In Progress

Well, I finally got the missing part for my camera so I could post this "Work In Progress".  I thought it would be fun to see the "before", "in-the-middle", and "after" photos.
This has actually been kind of fun even though very inconvenient.  For those of you who have lived through a kitchen remodel you might remember how it is:
  • No dining room table to work at, read at, and, oh yeah, eat at.
  • No kitchen sink
  • No automatic dish washer
  • No counter tops for food preparation and a million other activities
  • Dust, your constant companion.  Although we have hung sheets of visqueen at both kitchen openings which has helped.
  • No stove.
  • The guest bathroom is now the kitchen sink and dishwasher
  • The microwave and food pantry is in our bedroom
  • The dishwasher and stove are in the garage where my car used to park
  • The dining room table is in the middle of the living room
  • And perhaps, best of all, the refrigerator is in the living room next to the grand piano

4 comments:

  1. So who is doing this remodel? And let's see a pic of the living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you. Yes, the middle is not fun, but the end...Yeah! I can't hardly wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am blessed with vision, so I can tell how fabulous your new kitchen will look! :)
    Hang in there!
    And thanks for posting, I've been so curious about the whole process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. you have a light bulb out (see, I notice these details)

    ReplyDelete