Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oops! Dang it, I deleted my blog!

I was finally blogging after all these days, and after I got it all finished I pushed "view blog", and the darn pictures were cut in half.  I couldn't figure out how to fix it and I was too mad to call Heather and ask for her help, so I tried to fix it myself.  Whoever said this web site was "user-friendly" doesn't know what they're talking about!  The only "delete this blog" I could find deleted more than the current blog; it deleted ME.  Everything!
I don't have the time or temperament to fix it all right now so I'm just going to re-enter the last blog, and it won't be fancy.
I was reminiscing about what makes everyone's blog interesting is their pictures and stories of their kids, so I decided to included my own latest addition to the family; strait from the Fender Stratocaster Family, an American Deluxe model.  I would like some input from everybody on what we should call him/her.
Here's a picture of the new arrival:
 
And here's a really cool feature:  check out the nut.  It employs roll bearings so tuning is unbelievably smooth!

But that's not all!  Check out the locking tuning gears.  And what, you may ask, does that exactly mean?  Well, it means no more turning and turning and slipping.  Just push the string through the hole, pull snugly, and twist the lock down.  Walla!  1 simple turn and it's tuned.  And never slips.
 
But wait, there's MORE!  Check out the volume switch for the three pickups.  What's that, you say?  Do you see the little depressed switch that's pushed down?  That's called the S-1 switch.  And what does it do, you ask?  Well,  it overdrives the pickups to create a "phat" bluesy sound.  Totally awesome!

 
So, fam, help me name this latest addition.  Thanks! 

7 comments:

  1. How about "Dad's Dementia" or "Strut your Strat" or "Midlife Madness"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's (she's?) beautiful Bruce--Congratulations! So glad to see you up and blogging. Can't wait for the first gig to see how the new addition sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're up for a career change, I would recommend being a guitar salesman!
    I'll work on a name once I know the kitchen fund is safe!
    And, yah, now I don't feel bad at all about going on and on about my cake(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could call him "Johny" for Johny be Good.
    Or: Ludwig, or Fredrico, or Traverius, or Walter, or Keith, or Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about the blog! I have your previous posts on my RSS reader if you want them. Very cool guitar. As for a name...I'll have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KareBear: An excellent suggestion! I accidentally called Mom "Doug" today. Didn't go over very well.

    ReplyDelete