Sunday, July 15, 2012

Family Reunion

It's Sunday morning, July 15, and last night Ben and Karen packed their suitcases, loaded their children in the car and left for the airport.  As we stood waving in the driveway I realized that our family reunion time had finally come to an end.  Now all we have is memories and pictures.
True, it was exhausting for a couple of old people to host everyone, but now that it's over I miss you all.  Funny how that works.....
 I have more than a dozen poses of the fam.  Didn't have time to pick the best one.  Everybody looked best in a different one. 



 Michelle, we certainly missed you but hope you had fun in the hospital that weekend.  Your kids were really wonderful and you should be proud of them.
 4 generations.


 "I'm only smiling cause my dad said to..."
 This is one of my favorites













 The "GQs" of the Sullivan clan
 #29
 I'm not taking my clippers to Spain.  Time to retire.

 Thanks Jared and Erick for getting rid of this stump.

 Chauncey was chess king.

 The Swing
 Team-wrapping champs









Of course I had to end with pictures of everyone exhausted.  But hopefully by now we've all recovered.  There were literally hundreds of pictures to cull through and I'm sure there are some great ones that are not in this collection, but if these conjure up pleasant memories, it will suffice.

So, we're now going to concentrate on getting ready for our mission, well, we will as soon as we get back from our quick trip to New Mexico to say goodbye to Daphne and Jaklynn, L.H. and Jean, Patsy and Grandma Tiede and a few cousins.  That'll be next weekend.  THEN we'll concentrate on getting ready to go and hopefully learning a great deal more Spanish than we have hitherto been able to learn.

6 comments:

  1. It was so much fun. Thanks for all of you who made the long trip to come and for all your help. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad I got to see what happened at the reunion, and what every one looks like these days. Seeing the pictures almost makes me feel like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pictures! Great People :) Glad you had a wonderful reunion. Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you got a few pictures out of the morning--I love the sleeping ones-everyone obviously feels comfortable at your house. Sorry we missed Michelle! Thanks for posting these and for entertaining most of our family on Sunday too!

    ReplyDelete